April 15, 2015

Wednesday Writing Challenge: Mysterious Gift

Welcome to the Wednesday Writing Challenge!

Every Wednesday, I pose a new writing challenge here on the blog. These challenges come from books on writing, classes I've taken on creative writing, or sometimes just from my own imagination. If you're an author, hopefully they will help you get your writing juices flowing and help you improve your craft.

 

 

??  Want to Participate  ??

The Wednesday Challenges are open to all readers. In order to participate, simply comment on the challenge post with your response to the exercise. Not only is it good practice, but you could win something nifty and fun!

April Prize: A copy of Secret Identities, a new Breathless Press anthology!





For Full Contest Details, See Here ~

PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST BE SIGNED UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER. OTHERWISE I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO NOTIFY YOU IF YOU WIN!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 And now...

***Here's Today's Challenge!***


Something intriguing:

Write a sexy scene.

  A stranger from Egypt sends you a box containing an ancient artifact etched with heiroglyphics.


What happens next?

In 5-8 sentences, describe how this turn of events leads to something romantic.

 .

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hints and Tips:

.

If you choose to make this an erotic scene, remember that "erotic" doesn't necessarily include sex, or even two people.

Consider the different avenues you have before you. Is the rock magic? Is it simply fascinating? Are the hieroglyphics particularly suggestive? Is this just the perfect gift to give your loved one for their birthday?


Give me your best, darlings!!

.

1 comment:

  1. My finger slid over the ancient markings. Warmth flooded my body as if I'd finished a glass of the most potent wine. I could feel my cheeks flush, even as a shiver slid up my spine.
    A voice, thick with an accent and something more brushed my mind. "Challenge accepted. Let the games begin, Nebet-i."
    Damn him. He was not going to play fair.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?