October 20, 2015

In The Headlines: Nicholas Sparks

This week, the Charlotte Observer brings us an interview with Nicholas Sparks, famous author of The Notebook and upcoming book, See Me.


Among readers I've found Nicholas Sparks to be a polarizing figure. To many, his love stories are golden: deeply moving tales of true and abiding romance. To others, though, his work is called schlock, sappy, and monotonously repetetive.

My personal opinion? I've seen The Notebook and I thought it was pretty boring. But I admit I've never actually picked up a Sparks novel and given it a read. (His genre just doesn't call to me).

What say you? Have you read his work? What do you think of it? If you haven't read it, do you have an opinion based on things you've heard or on trailers or news of his movies and upcoming TV Shows?  Agree or disagree with his popularity? Tell us what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?