April 24, 2012

Commentary: Hunting Grounds

Hunting Grounds is one of my "experimental" pieces: it's the first time I've written gay male romance.  People who have been following long enough will remember that Eat Dessert First is a gay male romance, but Hunting Grounds was actually written first.  I've held it off the blog for a while because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but I think it's time to let it take its place here with its brothers in the Blood and Fire stories.


Hunting Grounds deals with a character from Rhiannon's world, a male vampire who has not (as of yet) been revealed to be gay in the course of his travels with her.  I didn't want to throw scenes into a book that didn't belong or fit there, just to point out something about this character that didn't naturally come through on its own.  At the same time, I really wanted to try my hand at writing from a gay male perspective, and to give this vampire his day in the sun, har-de-har-har. Hence, Hunting Grounds was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?