April 8, 2012

"Witches" at Foreplay and Fangs

Tomorrow's story, Rhythm and Blues, will be a short, dark erotic tale featuring a witch as the supernatural player.  However, I want to make one thing very clear about "witches" here on Foreplay and Fangs.  

A large majority of my supernatural stories take place within a single headcanon and are collectively referred to as the tales of Blood and Fire.  In the Blood and Fire world there are five nations of demons (these "five bloods" have been mentioned in some of the shorts already, like Her Dark Rewards).  The youngest of these races is known as the coven-kin, or witches and warlocks.

Because of the headcanon for Blood and Fire and the designation of "demon" as it is used in these stories, the "witch" race is considered demonic.  These are the kind of witches you see in horror movies like Warlock: The Armageddon and The Craft.  The reason I represent them as such is because the Blood and Fire stories began as a series of horror stories rather than erotica. Witches of the fifth demonic race in Blood and Fire are men and women who have sold their souls for dark power.  They follow the more Judeo-Christian archetype.

The reason I point this out is because while I write stories about fictional witches and warlocks who are considered within canon to be demonic and portrayed using "black magic", I feel it's important to state this is not what I actually believe witches to be.  I recognize and have a great deal of admiration and respect for real-life Pagan, Wiccan, Druid and Reconstructionalist spirituality, and I do not in any way intend to portray their religion and spiritual beliefs to be Satanic or demonic in nature.  I have found individuals within these communities to be incredibly dynamic, compassionate, open-minded, accepting and kind and I would never consider them "evil".


So, it is very important to me that my readers know I feel that way.  My fictional "witches" are entirely fictional and in no way meant to reflect negatively upon real-life members of Pagan and Wiccan communities, and I certainly hope no one will interpret them in such a way.


For more information on Neo-Paganism and Reconstructionalist religions, please check out this site here.  I have found this particular article to be a good starting point when it comes to understanding these brands of spirituality, though the entire site is full of terrific information and resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?